Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Why I Wrote An Album (and the little surprise that came with it)

Was it a midlife crisis?  Was it the fulfillment of a childhood fantasy?  Was it a diversion from some difficult life changes?

Yes, I'd say a little of each.

One thing was for sure.  I went farther with it than I really thought I would.


Poets and Libertines - Double Switch

I think the thing I am most proud of (other than just finishing the thing) was the album cover.  Where the album sometimes became painful to make because of my perfectionism...the artwork came out exactly like I wanted it...and even better.  It told a story.  It reminded me of those great album covers of the past that were more than just a small something to stick your vinyl in....it was something memorable and it told a story of what was inside that album package.

Will I ever make another album?  I can't say no.  It was fun, in many ways.  But it took a lot out of me at the same time.  But, as I told a friend...I will always have this album, no one can take it away.  And the album cover will always make me smile.

No comments:

Post a Comment